Sally Yates, Former Acting Attorney General, To Keynote October 4 Event
ARLINGTON, VA (September 20, 2018)—Bloomberg Law today announced that its In-House Forum East will be held on Thursday, October 4 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Bloomberg’s global headquarters in Manhattan. The event convenes senior leaders from corporate legal departments who will discuss key risk-related issues facing corporate counsel. For a full agenda and to request an invitation, please visit https://www.bna.com/in-house-forum-east/.
The forum opens with a keynote interview with Sally Yates, partner at King & Spaulding and former acting attorney general, who will explore the current state of risk for public and private corporations. Panels will explore some of the key risk-related challenges facing in-house counsel, including cybersecurity, a rapidly changing regulatory environment, and new approaches to internal investigations. The program also includes a focus on business issues including building strong C-suite relationships and managing the corporate legal department.
“Managing risk in an increasingly complex legal and regulatory environment is one of the most challenging responsibilities facing corporate counsel,” said Joe Breda, President, Bloomberg Law. “We have brought together an esteemed group of speakers who will be sharing insights, lessons learned, and best practices on how to successfully lead the legal function while anticipating and mitigating what is a growing list of potential threats.”
Additional featured speakers include:
- A. Verona Dorch, Chief Legal Officer, Executive Vice President of Government Affairs and Corporate Secretary Peabody Energy
- Rose Marie Glazer, Deputy General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, AIG
- Sarah Goldfrank, Senior Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Fannie Mae
- Andrew Kim, Senior Vice President of Corporate Development, General Counsel and Company Secretary, NETGEAR
- Nick Sprague, General Counsel & Vice President for Legal, External Affairs & Communications, Braskem
Follow the conversation from the Bloomberg Law In-House Forum East at #LegalForum. Lead sponsors of the event are Ankura, Deloitte, HighQ, Integreon, Mindcrest, and Ropes & Gray, and RSM is an associate sponsor.