“Buying, selling, issuing, or taking custody of payment instruments in the form of virtual currency or receiving virtual currency for transmission to a location within or outside the United States by any means” is exempt from licensing as money transmission under Wyoming law. Wyo. Stat. § 40-22-104(a)(vi).
Furthermore, The Wyoming Financial Technology Sandbox, Wyo. Stat. §§ 40-29-101 through 40-29-109; 021.0008.1 Wyo. Code R. §§ 1 to 8, explicitly applies to money transmission licensing. Wyo. Stat. § 40-22-104(b).
- Analysis: Crypto Legislation Might Progress Beyond Talk in 2022
- Analysis: Bloomberg Law 2023 – The Future of the Legal Industry
- Subscribers Only: Crypto News Channel
- Subscribers Only: State Digital Currency Chart Builder
- Subscribers Only: Fintech Compliance