Bloomberg Law In-House Forum
Unlocking the Power of Data:
Aiming for Privacy and Cyber Stewardship
Wednesday, September 20, 2023 | 1:00 – 3:00 PM ET | Virtual Event
As the use of big data, machine learning, and generative artificial intelligence (AI) becomes a business imperative, corporate leadership needs to re-think the legal risks associated with collecting, using, and storing data. The two biggest threats come from cyber risks and the ever-growing landscape of data privacy laws.
The 2023 Bloomberg Law In-House Forum will tackle two trends racing towards a head-on collision. On the one hand, companies need an increasing amount of data and more analytical tools to remain competitive. On the other, the need for privacy frameworks and the drive to reduce data usage to decrease cyber risk and privacy litigation are growing. Join us to discuss solutions to these pressing issues:
- Getting the most out of your data with full transparency and compliance.
- Managing privacy and cyber risk in vendor contracts.
- Crafting policies compliant with global and domestic privacy laws.
- Opt-in versus opt-out privacy policies.
- Safeguarding existing data from future privacy laws.
- Preparing leadership, employees, and vendors to respond to a data breach.
Who Should Participate
- Any senior leader, board member, committee member, etc., involved in ensuring privacy and security.
- All members of in-house legal teams, from general counsel and compliance officers to staff attorneys and contract analysts.
Up to 1.5 CLE