The state litigation resources pages provide a one-stop shop for key litigation resources for each of the 50 states and Washington, D.C. All state and federal litigation resources, such as rules, statutes, court opinions, dockets, ethics resources, and the Statutes of Limitations tool, are accessible in one place.
Bloomberg Law’s state litigation resources are available via the interactive map. Simply select the jurisdiction of interest and the relevant state litigation resources page will appear, including links to all state content. As an example, we have selected Alabama. The Alabama Statutes of Limitations is the first link in the Practice Tools tile.
You can rely on custom searches to identify statutes of limitations in each state or jurisdiction. For example, in the search bar for Alabama you can use keywords such as injury, wrongful death, fraud, contract, etc., to narrow your search results.
For more information on statutes of limitations, statutes of repose, tolling, and the discovery rule, see Overview – Time Limits.
Bloomberg Law has identified the code sections containing many of the applicable statutes of limitations in a given state or jurisdiction. Selecting Alabama Statutes of Limitations in the Practice Tools tile above will display the relevant sections of the code.
See It for Yourself
Bloomberg Law offers authoritative litigation solutions that save time and effort and provide an in-depth understanding of legal issues and trends.
Our litigation content is conveniently located in one resource – the Litigation Intelligence Center – organized to complement the way you practice. You’ll find:
- AI-powered tools such as Points of Law and Smart Code® to enhance primary law research
- Docket Key® search functionality to speed you to the docket filings you need
- Litigation Practical Guidance for step-by-step guidance on procedural tasks
- Litigation Analytics for competitive intelligence on companies, courts, judges, law firms, and attorneys
- State Litigation Resources pages that include state and federal content for each of the 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Take your research to the next level. Schedule a demo.