Of the many changes introduced by the global health crisis, significant developments within the technology industry are sure to have a lasting impact on the regulatory and business landscapes.
The complimentary Trending Toward Change: The Tech Industry, Legal Landscape, and Covid-19 report explores these technological advancements and shifts – paying close attention to tech giants such as Uber, Zoom, Slack, and more.
Receive key insights across the subject matters most important to the future of the industry, including:
The Gig Economy
- The move toward gig work as a result of Covid-19
- Continued debate and impact on wages/benefits, injury liability, and protections from discrimination
- California’s AB 5 and the tech giants opposing the legislation
California Consumer Privacy Act
- CCPA class actions and what recent activity says about the future
- The implications of an increase in video-related technology
- The balance between the Americans with Disabilities Act and coronavirus-related health disclosures
- Technological advancements that will usher in a new age for employers and employees
- Privacy risk and the NIST Privacy Framework
Emerging Tech Players
- The tech companies that thrived during the pandemic
- Future opportunities for cloud-based businesses