Cryptocurrency and Blockchain – The Technological and Regulatory Frontier of FinTech
Crafted by Bloomberg Law® legal editor Robert Kim, the Bloomberg Law special report Cryptocurrency and Blockchain – The Technological and Regulatory Frontier of FinTech details how these issues present specific legal and regulatory challenges.
Download the report now for critical details including:
- An in-depth review of blockchain and its role in finance, starting with its first application in bitcoin and further as a method to help with identity verification, supply chain tracking, company recordkeeping and distribution, self-executing “smart” contracts, automated real-time regulatory reporting, and more.
- Explanations of how blockchain works in bitcoin and other applications.
- How the dramatic rise of ICOs has caused U.S. federal and state regulators to scrutinize them under federal securities and commodities laws, state securities laws, and Anti-Money Laundering/Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) laws.
- A review of state requirements for cryptocurrency exchanges, including descriptions of which states currently require licenses to operate cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Discussion of forthcoming regulatory challenges at the federal, state, and global levels as policies toward the regulation of cryptocurrencies develop.
Download the complete report now.