Comparison Table: GDPR vs. PIPL
The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and China’s Personal Information Protection Law (PIPL) are two of the world’s most comprehensive pieces of consumer data privacy legislation, which protect individual rights and interests on how data is gathered, stored, and processed by companies.
While there is significant overlap between GDPR and PIPL, each law contains key differences, which our complimentary comparison table lays out. Understanding the nuances of each privacy law is critical to ensure your client or business is in compliance.
Our GDPR vs. PIPL comparison table answers the following questions:
- What are the basics?
- Whose data is protected?
- What types of data are protected?
- What types of data have heightened protections?
- What types of data are exempt?
- Who must comply?
- Who is exempt?
- What acts are covered?
- What rights are granted to individuals?
- What obligations are imposed on businesses?
- Who may enforce?
- Is there an opportunity to cure?
- What are the consequences of non-compliance?
Download your free GDPR vs. PIPL comparison table today.