From state to state and continent to continent – privacy and data security regulations are taking form that change the way business is conducted across the country and around the globe.
From California, with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), to Europe, where EU GDPR implementation dominated the global privacy and data security landscape for several years before it was enacted in May 2018, corporations and their legal counsel are watching closely to understand implications for their businesses and their clients. Bloomberg Law’s special report, CCPA and EU GDPR: Expert Insight and Practical Guidance, provides actionable guidance and expert insights you can put to work to navigate these complex regulations with confidence.
Download the report now to access:
- Detailed Practical Guidance that helps you prepare for the January 1, 2020, CCPA compliance date, including a California Breach Notice Checklist that addresses key components, such as when notice is required, what information must be included in the notice, and when it must be sent.
- An in-depth FAQ covering critical aspects of the CCPA, including what constitutes “personal information” under the CCPA, consequences for noncompliance (including civil penalties, damages, nonmonetary relief, and injunctions), a comparison of EU GDPR and the CCPA, and guidance to prepare for CCPA enforcement.
- An analysis of how privacy and data protection bills recently signed into law in Maine and Nevada compare with the CCPA.
- Practical Guidance as you continue to address GDPR compliance, including a GDPR Program Checklist, a GDPR Reminder Communication (Sample Notice), Data Protection Officer Checklist, and a GDPR Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) Review Tool.
- Analysis of more recent GDPR enforcement actions, including recent hefty fines against smaller companies by the French Data Protection Authority, that signal the need for continued vigilance in compliance.