Download the California Privacy Profile to get a detailed view of state laws and regulations by data type and sector. Bloomberg Law’s domestic privacy profiles offer a local practitioner’s perspective on the regulatory climate in each state they cover.
W. Reece Hirsch, co-head of Privacy & Cybersecurity at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, provided expert review of the California Profile and wrote the Risk Environment section, with the assistance of San Francisco associate Ellie Chapman.
Get a detailed analysis of the state’s privacy law including:
- Personal data protection provisions in the state, including who is covered, what is covered, and who must comply. Understand the unique elements of the Financial Information Privacy Act — including consumer consent requirements.
- Understand how different types of data must be handled according to state law, from biometric data, consumer data, credit card data, criminal records, motor vehicle data, social media accounts, health data, social security information, and more.
- Sector specific provisions that apply to specific industries and areas including advertising and marketing, financial services, health care, education, HR and employment, and more.
- Criminal liability under the California Code.
- Recently enacted and proposed legislation.