Bankruptcy filings are trending upward, but change was already on the horizon in certain courts. As the social and economic impact from the global pandemic continues, understand implications for your work.
The 2021 Outlook on Bankruptcy is your look into key developments shaping the legal landscape, including:
Bankruptcy preference actions
- Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021
- Preference actions involving rents
- Commercial vs. residential landlords
Chapter 11 cases
- Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas upward filing trends
- Venue options for would-be debtors
- Complex Case Procedures and the Complex Case Committee
- Proofs of claim deadlines and consequences
- Voluntary process timeline
Impact on small businesses
- Small Business Reorganization Act (SBRA)
- Subchapter V filing trends
- CARES Act liability limits
- Temporary pandemic-related Bankruptcy Code provisions
- Summaries and sunset/expirations timelines
- Impact on airlines
- Commercial landlord protections
- Covid-19 Bankruptcy Relief Extension Act of 2021
Download your complimentary copy to navigate bankruptcy trends.
One subscription, unlimited benefits
Maximize productivity with a Bloomberg Law subscription and experience the legal tools, analytics, and resources you need — all for one price.