Tackling Labor & Employment Challenges Due to Coronavirus
A variety of factors will affect labor and employment conditions this year: The coronavirus is forcing employers to implement new safety procedures and revisit their existing leave and telework policies. New cannabis laws will change how employers use drug testing and screening in the workplace. And laws aimed at protecting gig economy workers will continue to reshape how employers build their workforces.
Companies need to stay abreast of these developments to effectively manage workforce issues, protect employees, and avoid potential litigation. Join Bloomberg Law for this 60-minute webinar that will review the key factors legal departments will face in the workplace environment.
- Prepare for and respond to the health and safety, leave, telework, and disability accommodation challenges presented by the coronavirus.
- Get updated on the changing laws governing medicinal and recreational cannabis use and how they affect worker drug screening, testing, and disability accommodation.
- Understand how state independent contractor laws, like California’s AB5, affect hiring and pay practices.
Who would benefit most from attending this program?
- In-house and outside counsel involved with employment and workplace-related issues
- Human resources professionals in companies with employees in many states