Bloomberg Law In-House Forum
Privacy and Data Governance Challenges: Communicating Risks and Coordinating Changes
October 5, 2021
Access a complimentary CLE-eligible recording of this virtual conference for in-house counsel.
Privacy law is fast moving. Threats are increasing, the work-from-home culture is changing, and apps and platforms are steadily introduced to organize work life. These developments all pose compliance and data protection challenges for law departments.
In this virtual event, leading in-house counsel shared successful approaches to shifting privacy and data-related risks – with strategies on effective collaboration to achieve alignment with C-suite colleagues.
Who Should Participate
Senior leaders from corporate legal departments who are business-minded, strategic thinkers.
1.7 CLE Credits
The Forum has ended
Missed the live event? Watch the replay to earn free CLE credit. Click here to get started.
Fireside Chat with Damien Kieran, Chief Privacy Officer, Twitter
Fireside Chat with Damien Kieran, Chief Privacy Officer, Twitter on building a culture of privacy and data protection throughout a global company; installing privacy review processes that work; and Twitter’s Doves program.
- Damien Kieran, Chief Privacy Officer, Twitter
- Moderator: Cesca Antonelli, Editor-in-Chief, Bloomberg Industry Group
Organizational Privacy Compliance and Data Risk Management Strategies
Join a conversation with leading in-house counsel from various industries who will share their best practices and strategies on privacy compliance and data risk management. We discuss questions such as: How do you align state, federal and international standards? How do you map out and systematically manage personal information based on privacy requirements? How have in-house lawyers successfully communicated cyber risks to leadership? How are you collaborating with other organizational teams to make operational changes?
- Jennifer Couture, Vice President, Chief Privacy Officer, Privacy Legal Counsel, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Harvey Jang, Vice President, Chief Privacy Officer, Cisco
- Maureen K. Ohlhausen, Section Chair, Antitrust & Competition Law, Partner, Baker Botts
- Janine Smith, Vice President, Chief Compliance Ethics & Privacy Officer, The Hershey Company
- Moderator: Peter Karalis, Senior Legal Analyst – Transactions, Bloomberg Law
Fireside Chat with Eric Goldstein, Executive Assistant Director, and Dan Sutherland, Chief Counsel, CISA
Fireside Chat with CISA’s Executive Assistant Director Eric Goldstein and Chief Counsel Dan Sutherland about the intersection between legal work and cyber security as well as the mandate of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency’s mandate to and how it is working together collaborate with public and private corporations to achieve greater security standards.
- Eric Goldstein, Executive Assistant Director for Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Daniel Sutherland, Chief Counsel, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- Moderator: Ruiqi Chen, Reporter, Bloomberg Law